We  barely have any ladies on this forum, please don't scare them away by
addressing them as 'Dude, Durab'.

----- Original Message ----
From: arr pavan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, February 1, 2008 2:31:20 AM
Subject: Re: [arr] Mann Mohana Translation

<!--

#ygrp-mkp{
#ygrp-mkp hr{
border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
#ygrp-mkp #hd{
#ygrp-mkp #ads{
margin-bottom:10px;}
#ygrp-mkp .ad{
padding:0 0;}
#ygrp-mkp .ad a{
color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
-->

Dude Durab ! your translation makes to think, how if arr scores music for
current version of very old classic Meera on the lines of umrao jan  Hope good
directors come forward to re-shoot old classics with present suitable actors
plus rich music from arr.

Regards Pavan

durba bhattacharjee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

                          I have tried to translate the song. Please feel free
to respond if
 anybody wants
 to add/delete or edit any posrtion of the translation.
 This is perhaps one of the best bhajans i've ever heard in my life.
 I myself being a devotee of Lord Krishna find the song even more
 special. I strongly believe that one who is immensely graced by God
 can only compose such a song. God bless ARR and thanks to God that I
 find my answers in his music.

 Mann Mohana
 [Mann Mohana means Lord Krishna. Literally Mann means heart and Mohan
 means the person who fascinates.]
 Kanhaa.....Suno Na
 Kanha...please listen [Kanha = Lord Krishna]
 Tum bin paoon kaise chaiyn
 How can I be in peace without you?
 Tarsoo tumhiko din raiyn
 I yearn for you the entire day and night

 Chhod ke apne Kaashi-Mathura
 Please leave your Kaashi and Mathura [Kaashi = Varanasi]
 Aake baso more nain
 And dwell in my eyes
 Tum bin paoon kaise chaiyn
 How can I be in peace without you?
 Kanhaa...... tarsoo tumhiko
 din raiyn
 Kanhaa...... I yearn for you the entire day and night

 Ik pal ujiaara aaye
 One moment it's (life) is full of light
 Ik pal andhyaara chhaye
 The next very moment it's dark
 Mann kyun na ghabraaye
 Why shouldn't I be frightened?
 Kaise na ghabraaye
 Why shouldn't I be frightened?
 Mann jo koi doraaha apni rahon mein paaye
 If my heart is confused in front of a crossroad
 Kaun dishaa jaaye
 Which path to take
 Tum bin kaun samjhaaye
 Who else but you can guide?
 Tum bin kaun samjhaaye
 Who else but you can guide?

 Raas rachaiyaa Brindaban ke Gokul ke basi
 [Raas Rachaiyaa = Brindaban ke Gokul ke basi = Lord Krishna
 `Brindaban ke Gokul ke basi' means a person who hails from Gokul
 situated in Brindaban, which means Lord Krishna]
 Radha Tumri daasi, darshan ko hai pyaasi
 Radha is at your service, athirst for your glance
 Shyam salone Nandlala Krishna Banwari
 [Shyam salone =
 Nandlala = Krishna = Banwari = Lord Krishna]
 Tumri chhab hai nyaari
 Your image is unique [chhab = chhabi = image/photo]

 Main toh hoon tan mann hari
 I have lost all my body and soul
 Main toh hoon tan mann hari
 I have lost all my body and soul

 Jeevan ik nadiyaa hai, lehron lehron behti jaaye
 Life is like a river, meandering in waves
 Is mein mann ki naiyaa doobe, kabhi tar jaaye
 Here the boat like heart sometime sinks sometime emerges
 Tum na khiwayiaan ho toh koi tat kaise paaye
 If you are not there to help, then how can one find his shore?
 [khiwayiaan = sailor]
 Manjdhar dehlaaye
 Wobbles in the mid-ocean
 Toh tumri sharan aaye
 Then comes to your submission
 Haan tumri sharan aaye
 Yes, comes to your submission

 Main hoon tumhari
 I'm all yours
 Hain tumhara yeh mera jeevan
 And my life is also yours
 Tum ko hi dekhoon main
 When I look at you
 Dekhoon main koi
 darpan
 It seems I see a mirror
 Bansi ban jaoongi
 I wish I could turn into a flute
 In hoton ki ho jaaungi
 And submit myself to these lips
 In sapnon se jalthal
 Fascinated by these dreams
 Hai mera mann aangan
 Are my heart
 [Though `aangan' means `courtyard', but 'mann angan' here means `all
 through the heart']

 Bollywood, fun, friendship, sports and more. You name it,  we have it.