From: V S Rawat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [arr] Sakkarakatti: Marudhaani Lyrics Tamil + English + Hindi in
Roman English + Hindi
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, 19 July, 2008, 1:03 AM

Thanks Aravind, for correction. You are most welcome.

I don't know tamil, so when I saw English translations posted, I picked
that and translated from there. Several things could not become clear to
me, in these two as well as the other songs. It is good that you corrected.

Hope members would enjoy the songs more, now that they know the correct
lyrics in three language.

And yeah, let me mention that I have Vali's name a lot. So, I am
enjoying the moment of having translated Vali's lyrics.

On 7/18/2008 11:46 PM India Time, _Aravind AM_ wrote:

> Hi Rawat,
>
> Thanks for that effort!! But, there are a few mistakes I could spot...
>
> here u go:
>
> This one is not a mistake, but I felt it could have been put better to
> bring out the complete essence of these lines:
>
> Avan idhaya veetil vaazhum tamil degam venthu poagum
> ena avan arunthida maataan SUDU neerum sudu soarum
>
> He won't have hot-water or hot-rice, as it would burn the girl who's
> inside his heart
> (This idea is an adaptation of famous verses from Thirukkural)
>
> The other place where I made correction was:
>
> oruthikkaaka vazhkira jaathi, unaravillai innoru paathi...
> (He is) someone who lives for (and loves) just this one girl...
> But, his other-half (the girl) doesn't understand it!!!
>
> as for the line for which you couldnt get the exact meaning -- I too
> couldnt make out what the first part was - all because of one word... i
> dont think it is vooda, but i dont know what it is!:
> aathiram naethiram vooda ..... paalayum KaLLaai aval paarkiraal
> <can't make out this part> She suspects even milk to be toddy
> (kaLL = toddy)
>

> Cheers,
> Aravind

      From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India. Go to