Vithur,

We all have enjoyed the BGMs that you and others have ripped till date and
really appreciate the pain and efforts taken.

Since the matter has worsened, we have to really find a permanent solution.
I really don't agree with the Disclaimer part. It doesn't look authentic at
all.

I'm not sure about the copyright law for extracted music. However, there are
two things related here.

1) End user piracy - You own the original Cd/Dvd but make a copy or extract
a significant amount of the content and give it to others.

2) Internet piracy - By sharing a copyright work via internet. This
facilitates piracy. Putting a disclaimer note might help you get rid off the
risk of lawsuits but will still facilitate piracy. What if someone uploads
low quality Mp3 songs and put a similar disclaimer?? Moreover when you say
for backup purposes, you should have the original. Here the BGMs are
modified from the original. Vocals are removed, Noise and Hiss is removed
etc...

Really need some expert help...Any experts out there, please help!

Cheers,
Madhavan.R
Be a Music Fan; not a Music Pirate!