I am surprised at the interviewer. Actually Yuvvraaj songs weren't
all that bad to be declared "lost with the movie". If I had to speak
of myself I liked all the songs except Mastam. And as a generic
statement, people loved Dost and Tu Muskura, that is to say atleast 2
songs in the album that the average audiences might want to hum
repeatedly.

Sonu Nigam says the songs weren't promoted well. I think it was poor
picturization. Shano Shano must have had a great choreography. When I
first heard the song, I thought it must have had some incredibly fast
dance sequences, unlike what was portrayed. But when one still
reverts to the audio version, it does sound different, it sounds foot-
tapping, sounds just apt for a dance floor, buddy! (And you wouldn't
expect this sort of thumping outcome from any composer other than ARR
for a song like Shano!)

The bottomline: a poor presentation by Subhash Ghai.

Divya

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Gomzy™" <gomtesh.upad...@...>
wrote:

> http://specials.rediff.com/movies/2008/dec/22video1-sonu-sings-for-
rediff.htm

> Excerpts
>
> *How did the industry people react to this change in you?*
>
> People, who wanted to work with me, were obviously disturbed by my
> unavailability. Others were rejoicing as they were getting more
work. I
> don't have to worry about how people reacted. I need to worry about
myself
> and my contribution to the industry.
>
> Honestly, when people hear too much of you, they stop appreciating
your
> work. On the other hand, when they get less of you, they start
missing you.
> For example, I just hummed a part in *Guzarish* from
> *Ghajini*<http://www.rediff.com/movies/ghajini08.html>.
> I haven't sung the song. But the kind of reviews I got just for my
humming
> is amazing. And this is because they have not been hearing enough
of me. If
> they had heard me through the songs of *Ghajini*, they wouldn't
have spoken
> about my humming.
>

> *Is it true that you had sung Guzarish a long time ago?*
>
> Yes. I sang the song about two and a half years ago, with different
lyrics.
> When they changed the lyrics and asked me to sing, I wasn't
available. I was
> in New Jersey for my son's birth.
>
> So they called Javed Ali and I think he has done an awesome job.
The song
> became his. But out of respect for me, A R Rahman kept the humming
part
> intact.
>
> *Did that upset you?*
>
> No. If I was an insecure person, it would have. It was meant to be
Javed's