I think the answer is in the interview itself where Sonu says he had
recorded the song first with dummy lyrics and later when the actual
song was to be recorded, he wasnt available. As a matter of showing
respect to him, ARR retained the original humming of Sonu!

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, V S Rawat <vsra...@...> wrote:

> On 12/27/2008 12:47 PM India Time, _rivjot_ wrote:
>
> > Video link to Sonu Nigam's interview -

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/broadband/video/Interviews/qZIOpI63/3/
Sonu-Nigam-s-Interview.html

> > He says he got more applause from audience for his humming in
Guzarish