yes Dil ka rishta can be called pathbreaking! it had western classical tune
+ hindustani aalap combo, a never before heard feel (at least i felt so).
the song was about 3 different personalities coming together/singing
together.

may be the average public found this song to be too heavy or not
understandable. thats ok. but i was surprised why many critics & reviewers
ignored this song. may be its above their level