Well said Preedeepan.

Looks like people havent watched niether momento
nor ghajini..Both r different movies..

Really sick of reading the same crap all over the net..

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Pradeepan R"
<pradeepanisonl...@...> wrote:

> first of all, Ghajini is NOT Memento.
> Memento is an all time great movie, Ghajini is a cheap attempt to
use the
> concept of short term memory loss and mix it with our usual Masala.
The

<pradeepana...@...>wrote:

> >   So Ghajini is out and looks like its all set to break all box
office
> > records. Aamir, the producers and everyone involved is going to
rake
> > in a lot of moolah.
> >
> > As far as I know, Murugadoss & Co. did not quite pay Christopher
> > Nolan, his brother Jonathan Nolan(original story) or the
producers of
> > Memento for the rights of the movie. Maybe the tamil ghajini
didn't
> > quite hit their radar but the Hindi one because of its high-
profile
> > nature will probably do and they might come after Murugadoss & co.
> >
> > In any case, I am disgusted that these guys didn't quite go and
> > acquire the rights first from the original
writer/director/producers
> > before ripping it off. If they don't have any qualms ripping off
> > others' "intellectual property", why should they expect their
audience
> > to not go for pirated DVDs and VCDs of their movie? Why do they
appeal
> > to them to not watch through 'illegal sources' when what they are
> > doing is by no means "legal"? (I am no lawyer but I am pretty sure
> > that Ghajini will be deemed a case of plagiarism under most
> > intellectual property laws)
> >
> > Question to ARR is even though he is not directly ripping off the
> > story, he is certainly 'associated' with the movie and I wonder
if he
> > ought to have put a foot down and said that he would not want to
be
> > associated with a movie where the intellectual property rights of
> > another creative artist are being violated. After all ARR doesn't
> > appreciate people downloading his music through illegal sources
and
> > not paying for it. He knows how much its hurts an artiste.
> >
> > Folks with access to ARR - if you could get his stance on this
issue,
> > that would be awesome.
> >
> > Thoughts?
> > -pradeep
> >

> --
> Cheers,
> Pradeepan.
>
> "All you need to do is, decide what to do with the time that is
given to you
> !"

  • ... pradeepananth
    • ... rayrai2k
      • ... Vithur
      • ... || V i s h w e s h ||
    • ... Pradeepan R
      • ... Nagaraj
    • ... ramakrisha laxmana subramanian siva gopala acharya iyer .aiyooo amma idli wada dosa sambar chatni .