I had long ago read Jagjit Singh praise AR sometimes.
And it was very blunt to say that he brings songs from west when west
is taking his songs. Don't understand in a land and culture where
seniors and juniors respect each other few seniors find it difficult
to digest the success of their juniors.
---------------------
You never did it.
you never expected others will do it.
you never accepted others did it.
just because you know no other world than yourself.
And nobody else will be there in your world.
-------------------------------------

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Anil Nair <rhythmca...@...> wrote:

> Didn't expect Jagjit Singh to say this ...or maybe its just yet
again the
> "media monster" at work
>
> -A
>
> http://movies.indiainfo.com/2009/01/28/0901280633_gazals.html
>
> What does Rahman know about ghazals?Wednesday, January 28, 2009
06:31 [IST]

> Mumbai: DNA
<http://movies.indiainfo.com/2009/01/28/0901280633_gazals.html#>,
> in association with Rotary Club of Hiranandani Estate, Thane, brings on
> stage the legendary ghazal maestro to recreate the magic of the
> music<http://movies.indiainfo.com/2009/01/28/0901280633_gazals.html#>
> form.
> On the eve of Jagjit Singh Live in
> Concert<http://movies.indiainfo.com/2009/01/28/0901280633_gazals.html#>
> (at
> the Shanmukhananda Auditorium), the veteran exponent of ghazals rues
the end
> of their era in Hindi films.
>
> Jagjit is not singing any film songs currently because he feels
there is a
> lack of taste on the part of today's filmmakers and music directors.
"They