About this "JAI HO" matter, I have been asked this question sometimes and this
is what I have replied....

Point put forth by some who are "not happy" about JAI HO >
A. Other Rahman songs deserve the Oscar but not Jai Ho (?)
B. Jai HO is not a good song to get oscar (???)

reply 1 > Inspite of "their" feeling, Jai Ho got Oscar, so "they" should
remember that their "Will" is now "Nil". Jai Ho GOT OSCAR ! Take that !
reply 2 > Other Rahman songs or their movies were not in the list for
nomination this year. Jai Ho was in the list, it was a good song so Jai Ho got
oscar !
reply 3 > The Oscar team checked the 4-5 nominations this year and felt that
Jai Ho was certainly outstanding song compared to others, so awarded the
Oscars.
reply 4 > Jai Ho was destined to get Oscar "IT WAS SO WRITTEN", now thinking
"otherwise" is purely academic.

As a Rahmaniac, it is but natural for me to KNOW that JAI HO, like all Rahman
songs, is an outstanding track......

If someone feels otherwise, do I care ?

Jai HO !
Dinesh Vaidya
The Wandering Souls "RAHMANIA"
Pune

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Bivin Chandra <bivinchan...@...> wrote:

> Q: Moving further, what type of music do you like?
>
> A: Hindi music. I feel that it's a part of such a talented and a versatile
> industry. In fact, 'Jai Ho' was not even a patch of what A.R.Rahman is
> capable of. He definitely deserved an Oscar but I wish the West had heard his
> Taal, Dil Se and Rangeela.
>
> http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=29228

  • ... Bivin Chandra
    • ... rayrai2k
    • ... rayrai2k
      • ... Prasanth Murali Nottath
        • ... Anil Wadghule
    • ... Dinesh Vaidya
      • ... ramakrisha laxmana subramanian siva gopala acharya iyer .aiyooo amma idli wada dosa sambar chatni .
        • ... yogesh2783
        • ... : Avinash :