I like JAI HO, I remember AR mentioning that he also likes JAI HO, after so
many people around the world have, when asked to pick his fav from the SlmD
album, he chose 'Latika's theme, Mausam & Escape'...

JAI HO won coz it's a good song (not extra-ordinary)AND ALSO because it was
better than the other nominated ones. Simple.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Dinesh Vaidya" <dnshvai...@...> wrote:

> About this "JAI HO" matter, I have been asked this question sometimes and
> this is what I have replied....
>
> Point put forth by some who are "not happy" about JAI HO >
> A. Other Rahman songs deserve the Oscar but not Jai Ho (?)
> B. Jai HO is not a good song to get oscar (???)
>
> reply 1 > Inspite of "their" feeling, Jai Ho got Oscar, so "they" should
> remember that their "Will" is now "Nil". Jai Ho GOT OSCAR ! Take that !
> reply 2 > Other Rahman songs or their movies were not in the list for
> nomination this year. Jai Ho was in the list, it was a good song so Jai Ho
> got oscar !
> reply 3 > The Oscar team checked the 4-5 nominations this year and felt that
> Jai Ho was certainly outstanding song compared to others, so awarded the
> Oscars.
> reply 4 > Jai Ho was destined to get Oscar "IT WAS SO WRITTEN", now thinking
> "otherwise" is purely academic.
>
> As a Rahmaniac, it is but natural for me to KNOW that JAI HO, like all Rahman
> songs, is an outstanding track......
>
> If someone feels otherwise, do I care ?
>
> Jai HO !
> Dinesh Vaidya
> The Wandering Souls "RAHMANIA"
> Pune
>

> --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Bivin Chandra <bivinchandra@> wrote:
> >
> > Q: Moving further, what type of music do you like?
> >
> > A: Hindi music. I feel that it's a part of such a talented and a versatile
> > industry. In fact, 'Jai Ho' was not even a patch of what A.R.Rahman is
> > capable of. He definitely deserved an Oscar but I wish the West had heard
> > his Taal, Dil Se and Rangeela.
> >
> > http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=29228

  • ... Bivin Chandra
    • ... rayrai2k
    • ... rayrai2k
      • ... Prasanth Murali Nottath
        • ... Anil Wadghule
    • ... Dinesh Vaidya
      • ... ramakrisha laxmana subramanian siva gopala acharya iyer .aiyooo amma idli wada dosa sambar chatni .
        • ... yogesh2783
        • ... : Avinash :