There is nothing wrong with the song "Pray for me brother". It's a powerful
anthem for the world poverty. The only thing is, it didn't had any special or
grand release for the public. It was a low profile release for a social cause,
so we can't expect it's mass popularity like Vandemataram. But as Rahman is the
ambassdor of UN for this special cause, the UN should have included this anthem
in their website or should have promoted in the global summits. It has a good
potential like MJ's "We are the world"...

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, VK Murthy <vkmj...@...> wrote:

> I agree with the email below. Actually I feel that the concept behind
> the song was not mature. Though musically the song was very good, the
> lyric were an outcome of an undeveloped & immature thought. It would
> be apt to share a story here. A colleague friend of mine had
> identified the song as Beggars' Anthem and was tempted to call it so
> in his magazine review of the album, but his senior authorities did
> not approve of it for some reasons.
>
> Please note I personally love the song. But it could have been way better.
>
> On 7/2/09, Gomzy™ <gomtesh.upad...@...> wrote:
> > :) Its just healthy argument. I stick by my opinion that such a powerful
> > song was shabbily
> > picturised and wasted. I felt it should have done more justice. Period.
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 10:17 PM, Ajay Nair <ajaynai...@...> wrote:
> >

> >> Stop this argument once & for all......Both individuals be humility
> >> personified as the song itself means Pray for me Brother and both don't be
> >> seem to be abiding by the theme of it.
> >>
> >> Gopal, Vithur etc...and all of you who have been maintaining this group
> >> with amazing spirit pls clarify their doubts to end this.
> >>
> >> Your friend,
> >> Ajay Nair.
> >> PS: Stop bickering about small things and feel privileged to be part of
> >> this group. Respect every individual,even Critics and humiliation, or
> >> maybe
> >> Mr.Rahman himself has to interfere here for better sense to prevail for
> >> his
> >> fans to learn this.
> >> ------------------------------

          • ... Ashish G
            • ... kishore parayath
          • ... ramakrisha laxmana subramanian siva gopala acharya iyer .aiyooo amma idli wada dosa sambar chatni .
            • ... Gomzy™
              • ... Ajay Nair
              • ... Gomzy™
              • ... Vikram Kumar