You are absolutely right. A fan (although i don't understand the different
between true rahman fan and just a fan. i am just a fan) may not like all
his songs.  I personally don't like some of his old and new songs. but i
have no right to demand / urge him or anyone else for that matter, in public
to stop making commercial music.

people have choice. He may not have liked delhi 6 but he could always go and
listen to the old songs he like.  another thing is stop making comparisons.
I think this is something ar rahman would also say if he ever get a chance.
each songs, musical pieces, instrumentals, background scores or signature
tunes are made for the movie, to be used in the movie's context.

kala bandar may not sound as good as bombay theme or tere bina. because it
is deliberately made to sound that way. a fun song that appeals to the new
generation.

there is a  saying that goes something like this..  - " each generation
thinks themselves more intelligent than the generation that went by, and
wiser than the generation that is coming." and it applies to all the
generations.

Firstly,  people have choice. He may not have liked delhi 6 but he could

--
http://ramblingsoul.com