> Are you the kind that listens to your music on audiophile-grade equipment.
> What's your configuration (receivers, speakers, etc)?

Are you ? What is your configuration ? and how much did it all cost ?

> One of the first myths that was busted early on by one of my friends was that
> Bose makes crappy systems!!! (What??? you may ask). They have great
> marketing, but unfortunately doesn't make the cut for most audiophiles.

So, you are saying Bose does not make crappy systems and still it
doesn't make the cut for most audiophiles ?  I thought Bose did make
great sound systems. But i couldn't even afford one.

The only thing I listen music with is a Sennheiser earphone. It is
much better than that crappy ipod earphones, so I am happy with it.
But having a studio built into your home with the most expensive sound
systems in the world is just waste of time and money, of course unless
you are that rich.

you could always argue that these brands you mentioned give high
quality sound. But I think most of these so called Audiophiles do that
because they just want to show off their equipments and their superior
taste.

I have seen rich gamers building costliest gaming rigs with a super
computer's configuration, just so that they can play games?
craziness.

That's just my opinion :)