I'm not one  (yet) but like most of us who like listening to music I
surely aspire to get decent configuration some day without blowing a big
hole in my wallet. :)

Btw I own sennheisers too -- they're pretty good sounding. You can
always argue hi-end stuff is for show-off and yes it is a lot of times.
But at the same time you can't deny that a bmw drives much better than
other cars and there is some intrinsic value in it's engineering beyond
the snob-factor.

There area  lot of audiophile forums that caution people to steer away
from over-priced Bose systems. You can get much more 'sound for your
buck' with other systems. They're good sounding systems but not really
what their marketing claims as 'best-in-class'. A few posts I've read in
the past, though I don't want to turn this  into a Bose-bashing thread:
http://www.hometheaterblog.com/hometheater/2006/03/what-about-bose-part-\
1/
http://www.thetechlounge.com/news/10431/Why+Bose+Sucks/
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-3266.html

I was hoping to learn from people who had spent the time to research /
setup entry-level hi-end audio hardware.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Roshan <c.pix...@...> wrote:

> > Are you the kind that listens to your music on audiophile-grade
equipment. What's your configuration (receivers, speakers, etc)?

> Are you ? What is your configuration ? and how much did it all cost ?
>

> > One of the first myths that was busted early on by one of my friends
was that Bose makes crappy systems!!! (What??? you may ask). They have
great marketing, but unfortunately doesn't make the cut for most
audiophiles.