rajib - i don't know about the answer to your question, but I would
expect the larger ipods to have better DACs and hence be able to produce
a cleaner sound. obviously these may be perceivable only with
audiophile-quality output (headphones or speakers). it would be good to
hear from someone if they've done a one-to-one comparison with good
quality headphones.
there are many (mostly expensive to very expensive) ways of getting
clean output from ipods that are discussed on audiophile forums -- some
companies offer to modify your ipod's analog output (line out) to reduce
the amount of deterioration that occurs due to the analog transport to
your line out. there are others like 'wadia itransport' that offer
audiophile-grade ipod docks that completely bypass the DAC on the ipod
to transfer digital signals to your receivers / amps / etc.
there's a good 'audiophile' review of one of the older ipod classics
that might interest some:
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_14_1/ipod-bench-tested-3-2007-part\
-1.html
<http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_14_1/ipod-bench-tested-3-2007-par\
t-1.html>
but from what i hear, the purists would mostly not consider mp3s as a
good software source ... from a sound quality perspective its this:
vinyl, sacd, dvd audio   >   cd, lossless mp3 / aac / flac / ape    >
mp3

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "wiredbeats ." <wiredbe...@...>
wrote:

> Honestly. iPOD headphones are horrible in reproduction. Buy any good
sennhieser entry level is some 570 rupees. check the difference the same
device gives. And no, there are not many things that will disappear in
an MP3 when you covert. The fidelity suffers but it makes it up when you
listen in a headphones environment.

> To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
> From: a.r.ra...@...
> Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 21:38:41 +0600
> Subject: Re: [arr] any 'Audiophiles' on this group?

>                   Was wondering Is iPod shuffle good enough to listen
ARR's hidden stuffs ?? what would "audiophiles" rate iPod shuffle & it's
Headphone .... It works Only with the given Headphone Which is SUPERB
....I used to listen songs with my Microlab 4:1 Speakers ....and
sometimes from My Nokia 3250 Music express with Nokia's Original
Headphone & Sony MDR-EX700 Headphone With Nokia's Universal Headphone
adaptor  .... I was impressed with Sony ...but now i realize iPod is way
better than anything ....Money Talks ...and iPod works only with it's
own headphone ...