Forget common people dude...How do you feel? Don't you feel something new?
Aaromale? one of it's kind in Tamil music?

Instead of trying to compose a safe, tried and tested tune, AR goes an extra
mile to compose something new in every album! Some like me and many here
like it...Some may take some time to like it...Some may never like it...So
be it...It all depends on how open are the audience to new kind of music or
how comfortable they are with just one kind of music...

Once people were listening to great G.Ramanathan, C.Ramachandra etc during
the 50's where songs were purely carnatic and devotional...then there were
people listening to great composers like S.V.Venkataraman, Vishwanathan and
Ramamurthy where a bit of traditional folk were introduced by them...Then
came Isaignani Ilayaraja who ruled the charts... Ilayaraja, during 90's,
fused folk and western in his own style to suit the then youth probably when
synthesizers started becoming popular...Then came our AR who brought in a
new trend in composing altogether...He took so much efforts to raise the
standards of composing and took it to an international level where people
all over the world appreciated Indian music...When people started listening
and following MJ, Pink Floyd, Rick Astley, Queen, Abba, etc, AR brought in
exactly what was not explored in Indian cinema...His music now is being
listened by a wide group of people all over the world...Now that he has
tried successfully in almost all genres, he moved on to artistic
soundscaping...He introduced new sounds, experimented with self created
loops, introduced new instruments, and experimented with vocals just to make
his work more exciting...If you are thinking that still "common people" want
a Kadhalan or Thiruda Thiruda, then I'm sorry dude...Nobody here want AR to
be a "run of the mill" composer by rehashing the same style in every
album...He is always years ahead and the future generation will also
appreciate his music...

These are just my opinions and I'm not forcing my opinions on you... And
yes, VTV rocks!!! It will stand on it's own for years...

--
Cheers,
Madhavan.R