On 1/21/2010 9:06 AM India Time, _sunanthvn_1986_ wrote:

> when roja was done,wasn't arr an ameteur...the songs were ameteurish
> too...since every song created a new genre by itself never heard before...so
> they were amateur in the genre...
> soo glad that people feel the same after these years....

You said it, Sunanthvn!

Seeing all these one sided replies criticizing reviewers who called it
amateurish, I was thinking exactly that that you gave words to.

Why is being an amateur something negative, something degrading???
Amateur is antonym of professional. Amateur is fresh. Amateur is
innocent. Amateur has not yet allowed his creativity got overtaken by
the pressures of the market.

Nobody in his right mind can call ARR a non-professional in the
positive sense of the word. A person with 18 year of proven history
from one top position to another top position is a great, commendable,
role-model professional. Every professional should follow him. So, if
anybody is calling such a professional having created something
amateur, and when you have heard VTV and know that it is not
amateurish in the negative connotation of the word, then there ought
to be some other meaning of the term that you have missed.

I think we should not try to give our connotation to every word we
hear about ARR. People might be saying it in the right positive sense,
buddies.

I haven't heard VTV yet, just analyzing the term.

--
Rawat