My bad. I borrowed the lyrics from the site I referred to but kept
hearing it as 'noolil aana mazhai aagi ponen' and honestly couldn't
comprehend what the poet actually means.

'noolil aadum mazhayaagi ponen' translates to 'I became the rain(drop) that
waves/hangs on a thread' which could mean that the guy feels that his
life/love hangs in a balance because of her'.

Cheers,
Srini