On 5/3/2010 7:50 PM India Time, _Vinayakam Murugan_ wrote:

> IMHO, it would demean ARR's efforts if we say "he can compose a song
> from any region in a second'. I am sure there is a whole lot of research
> gone into the making of the song.

That is a very useful point you have raised, Vinayak ji.

I would like to know more about such researches. How does ARR go about
researching how to create a music suitable for a particular specific
region.

does he google and listen to some tracks from that reason, but that
carry the risk of getting influenced or inspired. And, all the
regional specific songs ARR has given so far had still been far
different from the existing music of those reasons, at least I can so
about UP area music.

So, how would ARR decide how much experimentation he can do and
freedom he can take while retaining the feel of that region?

or, he reads books, on net or printed one, first to understand the
music of some region.

or he meets people from such regions and gets their views.

many questions arise. If someone knowing anything about it could give
us a peek into the composing process, I hope everyone among us will
love to know about it.

Thanks.
--
Rawat