Dear Taimur,

I love your interest in music and appreciate your efforts in exploring
and listening to various AR songs. What I don't love is the usage of
words when you criticize...again, it's the usage of words and not the
criticism itself.

Regarding the below post of yours, is there a confusion?? You say his
music has lost uniqueness. On the contrary, you also say his music is
not universal...I'm not getting the point here...

I understand how much we still love 90's music but I strongly feel
that's not the criterion for judging todays music, by any means, and
that too just for the reason that those 90's songs made him popular...
If you notice keenly, it's the new 'trend' that he introduced in the
Indian film music that made him popular and unique...Now it's 20
years, and it can't be new any more...We see so many here following
that style of music...To remain unique in this scenario, one needs to
innovate and that's what he is constantly trying to do...So it is as
simple as to forget the old song and keep creating something new and
fresh...You keep innovating, you will excel, be it in any field...If
you keep repeating, the job gets monotonous, tiresome, and will die
soon, again be it in any field...And it just gets tougher and tougher
in today's scenario with the exponential growth of listeners / fans of
AR's music!!

I'm not meaning that AR is perfect in every song that he
composes...Inspite of honest attempts, during the process of
innovation / experimenting, he has failed at times which is very
human...In a nutshell, I'm just trying to say that expecting every
song by AR to be a masterpiece or to sound like 90's songs is an
overkill...

--
Cheers,
Madhavan.R