From: AJ <purev...@yahoo.com>
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, August 30, 2010 4:31:43 PM
Subject: Re: [arr] Roja..........still sounds amazing........and my take on
general trends....

Ram,

I agree with you.  What I meant by "Indian-ness", I mean in a traditional way
and only in degrees, not black and white.  Yes, there are many ARR songs today
with the Indian soul, but in my opinion, over time, there has been a lessening
of the traditional ethnic Indian sound, simply due to film makers creating
movies that are moving away from traditional themes.  It's not ARR's
responsibility at all....he creates what the film demands and what directors
want from him.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, mb4zap® <moinboss4...@...> wrote:

> You've hit the right chords Ram! How was Dil Se Re indian!? Or the music in
> Thiruda... or most of the 90's creation!
>
> I am not an Indian and I never used to listen to any.. I loved ARR and for
> the

> first time not because of his Indian-ness. I never fell in love with any
> other

> musician so madly because none come close of Rahman's sheer originality and
> unique brilliance! And over the years I have been and am fan of many
> international artistes (i wont go on to put examples coz it would be a very,
> very long listing) but never could I respect anyone more than Rahman.
>
> Will be waiting for you writ-up :)
>
> -Moin Ali

Are you searching for a reason, to be kind?
<b>

Admin: ad...@arrahmanfans.com