Aaron,

I have recently had some communication with Doug Mueller, and you are
almost right.

Opening a form in Submit or Search mode should NOT grab a license, unless
there is workflow that somehow contacts the server when the form is
opened.

There is a difference concerning the user log file, where users does not
show up at all until they try to grab a licenses (i.e. by performing a
search, triggering workflow that does a set-fields, etc.).

        Best Regards - Misi, RRR AB, http://www.rrr.se