Hi, David

There was a search menu on the Group field.  But, I had to test this
further.

Here I go beatin' a dead horse.

I created a display only form with not one single field, button,
workflow nor any other object.  I opened the form on the Mid-Tier with
my test floating license.  And again it immediately took up a Float
WRITE.

It still doesn't flush after a few minutes, etc.

<USER> <TID: 0000002324> <RPC ID: 0000263453> <Queue: Fast      >
<Client-RPC: 390620   > <USER: clucero                       > /* Wed
Sep 27 2006 18:28:59.8080 */  FLOAT  GRANT WRITE    clucero   (1 of 5
write)

Even if we accept the premise about search menus, etc...
Isn't it unrealistic to assume that a form would have absolutely no
workflow and absolutely no search menus? In other words, in almost all
cases, there will be a search menu, workflow on window open or loaded, a
table field or something?
Meaning a FLOAT GRANT WRITE will almost always be taken up upon log on.
So far in my testing, it is 100% of the time.

In my experience it doesn't drop off after 5-10 minutes of activity.  It
either expires after the admin defined float license timeout or drops
off when I click Logout.

I think that if one isn't suppose to be granted a WRITE until after some
sort of activity (and the behavior clearly doesn't work this way) then
this is definitely an issue.

OK, OK, I'll leave it alone.  Thanks for listening.

Michelle
PS  Remember we all could be experiencing different behaviors on
different versions.