Great answer Misi.. I have no idea why I didn't think of that.

On 11/30/06, Misi Mladoniczky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

The "submitter" is not neccessarily the person submitting the ticket.

At submit-time you can specify any login name in the submitter-field.

So if you know the read-license-person who will want to update a ticket at
submit-time, you can enter his/hers login-name in the submitter-field.

I usually try to put the "customer-login" in the submitter-field
regardless if a person submits from the Web or if he calls the
Service-Desk by phone.

The limitations with submitter-mode-locked is just that you can not change
it after you have submitted the ticket.

       Best Regards - Misi, RRR AB, http://www.rrr.se

> Yes that will work but some of the tickets are generated from the
helpdesk
> people.  So the helpdesk person is the submitter and the logon* is just
> requestor with read only.
>

> John Atherly
> American Power Conversion
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 401-789-5735 Ext. 2120
> 1-800-788-2208 Ext. 2120
>

>              patrick zandi
>              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>              COM>
>              Sent by: "Action          arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
>              Request System
cc
> [...]

>   The approver already has a Fixed or Floating license.
>   So you could use a Diary field to log the conversation by inputs via
>   Email submission or API or Mid-tier.
>   Create a Question 400 character field, or 2000 for that matter. and
>   Create an Answer Field.
>   If the Question is placed in the field - push to diary, and send email
>   customer with a URL or Email form.
>   Answer comes into the Answer field and gets pushed to the Diary.
>
>   Does this fit the License scenario ?
>   They both have access to the Diary and Question and Answer field.
>   The submitter is able to update his information.
>   The approver is able to update the ticket.
>
>   Just a thought.
>

>   On 11/30/06, John Atherly <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
>    Yes we want to remain legal on this.   What I have been task to
create
>    is
>    away for an approver to ask a question to the requestor.
>
>    What is happening a change request will come in for access to one of
> the
>    network drives.  In the justification field the end uses will type in
>    answer such as "New Job"    These answer do not help the approves in
>    deciding on granting access or denying access.   Currently the
approves
>    either deny the request or has to create an email to ask for more
> reason
>    why they need access.  Then a couple days later when they get a
> response
>
>    they have to find the request to either approve or deny.   I was
> looking
>    for a way to be able to start a two way communication between the
>    approver
>    and the requestor.   So I would need a field that approvers can ask a
>    question in and a field were the requestor can answer too and keep a
>    record
>    of the transactions (worklog)
>

>    John Atherly
>    American Power Conversion
>    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>    401-789-5735 Ext. 2120
>    1-800-788-2208 Ext. 2120
>

>                "Lucero, Michelle
>                - IST contractor"
>                <Michelle.Lucero@
>                MKCORP.COM>               arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
>                Sent by: "Action
>    cc
>                Request System
>                discussion
>    Subject
>                list(ARSList)"            Re: Question on license
>                <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>                ORG>
>

>                11/29/2006 03:07
>                PM
>

>                Please respond to
>                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>                       RG
>

>    Hi, John:
>
>    To modify an entry, one does need the ability to WRITE.  If the
system
>    is placed in Submitter Mode Locked, individuals assigned Read
Licenses
>    can Search, Submit, Display and Modify entries that they have
> submitted;
>
>    as long as their login id is placed in field ID 2.  And, Submitter
has
>    WRITE access to each of the fields that needs to be updated.
>
>    There are multiple ways to address.  One can save thousands in
>    maintenance costs, while remaining legal.  It all depends on your
>    company or client's needs.  Obviously there may be some individuals
> that
>    will still require a WRITE license.
>    =================================
>    From Remedy Admin 6.3 Help - License Types
>    Read
>    Enables users to search and display existing requests. Administrators
>    can configure the AR System server to enable users to submit new
>    requests and modify or save data in existing requests. (See "Special
>    submitter mode".)
>
>    Restricted Read
>    Allows users to search the AR System forms and submit new requests
but
>    does not allow users to modify existing requests under any
conditions.
>    It does, however, allow the same login account to access the AR
System
>    from multiple IP addresses simultaneously, such as when browsing a
>    knowledge base or completing on-line surveys.
>
>    Fixed Write
>    Includes all the capabilities of a Read license, and also enables
users
>    to modify and save data for existing requests based on the groups to
>    which the user belongs. AR System administrators and
subadministrators
>    must have a Fixed Write license. Other AR System users who
consistently
>    need to modify requests must also have Fixed Write licenses.
>    A user cannot be assigned the same Fixed Write license more than
three
>    times in one week. If this limitation is exceeded, the user must wait
>    one week from the first assignment of the Fixed Write license before
it
>    can be assigned again.
>
>    Floating Write
>    Includes all the capabilities of a Read license, and also enables
users
>    to modify and save data for existing requests based on the groups to
>    which the user belongs. Floating Write licenses can be used by
multiple
>    users, one user at a time. This type of license is designed for users
>    who occasionally need to modify and save data for existing requests.

the Answers Are"

--
Patrick Zandi