Dave,
Depending on your configuration and what apps you have, if you enable more
than one application server in your Mid-Tier, especially if they are
servers that are part of a server group, you may find that your home page
application links are duplicated for each server you add...which is
typically not ideal.  What I have done in the past is to have the
Mid-Tier's that are part of the LB all have the App LB name in them, and
then have a separate 'admin MT' that in your case would have all 5
individual servers, but not the LB MT in it...thus allowing you to take
actions on specific app servers as needed.