The issue isn't about logging out so much as the way a "float" license should
be working.  As it is advertised, I can provide a float license to XX amount of
users and they should only register as "write" when they need to work in that
module.

So, if I log in to Remedy and have an overview console open and never open a CR
and INC, why would I need to consume a write license?  That real answer is I
shouldn't.  Until I go and work a ticket, that "float" license should be
available for anybody else to consume in my opinion.

The simple action of the Overview console conducting a query in the background
for all assigned tickets should not automatically register anything other than
a "read" license.   The problem is, that isn't happening and as a result, we
have people with "Incident User" who have never worked on, searched for, or
opened an INC record that are showing up as consuming a "write" license for
Incident for several hours in a 3 week period.

As a result, the user.log tells BMC we need to purchase more licenses when in
fact, we really don't.

I understand most of this can be mitigated by us changing those people to
"Incident Viewer" but that is an overhead nightmare when maintaining thousands
of support users.   I'd rather give every support user all the floats they need
and if they never "use" them then I should not be registering them as consuming
a "write" license.

We are talking potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars that have been
spent over the years.