Folks,

First, at the start of the thread, there was no version of the product listed.
And, as Misi has called out, there was a flaw with how the overview console was
constructed and working that would cause a license of the application to be
grabbed just for opening the overview consol.  And, as Misi also called out,
that flaw was corrected with the 8.1 release of the system so that opening just
the overview console will not grab a token.  We decided that just looking at
the list in the overview console should not be considered interaction with the
application.

Second, the system is constructed to obtain your token when you interact with
the application (or system for an AR System license) to do work.  That is
either read or write, it obtains your assigned token type.  So, if you OPEN an
incident, you will indeed grab your incident token.

So, I suspect that the issue from the original message is present because the
version of the applications is pre 8.1 (if it is 8.1 or later, then have a
conversation with support because just opening the overview console without
opening a ticket from that console or opening up other forms in the application
should not obtain a license from 8.1 and later).

The behavior of floating licenses has been and remains if you do actual
interaction with the application, you will obtain a token.

I hope this helps,

Doug Mueller