I've opened a ticket with BMC on this one.  I will be adding this finding
shortly, but I thought I'd share and find out if anyone else ran into this.

We are upgrading from 7.6.04 to 9.0.01
Windows 2012 servers running on the AWS cloud
MS SQL 2014.

We loaded java jdk 8u65 in "D:\Program Files\Java" as is pretty typical.

When I attempted the upgrade of Remedy to 9.x, it bombed out.  The error
was a bit misleading at first as the only kbase article suggested it was a
problem with ARAdmin having illegal characters in the password (which it
didn't).  However, a more thorough reading of the logs showed that the
actual problem was that the process was bombing out because the system
didn't recognize the home of java.  The error given was " LOG EVENT
{Description=['D:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external
command,]}

Evidently, this is a pretty common issue with installing applications in a
Windows environment.  There are a number of ways that the developer can
avoid this when packaging the installer.  BMC will probably have to rewrite
the installer to take this into account (My opinion).  I did find that if I
install Java at the root level on the drive "D:\Java" that the installer
runs just fine.

Anyone else run into this?

--
Warren R. Baltimore II