Hi all,

I've been given an interesting task.  We are implementing a new Remedy
platform (ARS 7.1 + ITSM 7.0 + CMDB 2.0) which will supersede our existing
Remedy platform (ARS 5.1.2 + customised ITSM 5).

Because of the speed that we need to get this new system in place (business
need), we're going down the path of constructing a bridge between the 2
systems to help in the migration of both users and interfaces.   We've
decided that DSO is the best tool to use in providing this bridge to help
replicate Incident/Problem dockets between both systems (only to provide
visibility, excludes transactional  data around auditing history,  SLAs,
notifications etc...)  and  Change dockets from the 5 -> 7 systems.

This will involve developing or understanding the mapping between the
business processes/workflow between the ITSM 5 & ITSM 7 systems.

My question is, has anyone attempted this type of connectivity using DSO and
mapping the ITSM instances before or can anyone provide any helpful words of
advise about potential pitfalls?

Appreciate the help.

George