SWAG (Assuming Windowz)

Check the Registry for old values pointing to your old-java

Check the environment variables which may include pointers to the
old-java

I "Assume" that you can successfully get into the Servlet Admin?

I "Assume" that you can successfully get into the "Mid-Tier" Admin?

If Yes & Yes, then Java, Servlet Exec are OK, concentrate on Mid-Tier...
Triple check the Files AND Permissions, etc...

Good luck...

Thanks-n-advance;

HDT Platform Incident / Problem Manager & Architect
Robert Molenda
IT OS PA
Tel: +1 408 503 2701
Fax: +1 408 503 2912