Katherine, referencing previous emails posted today, have you checked
out Sun's bug report at
http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6520670?

See previous ARSlist posts with subjects of "JDK version compatibility
for the Mid-Tier"

I have been seeing some people who had issues with the Mid Tier due to a
bug in Sun's product.

I'm not sure if your system fits the bill, but there is the
documentation. It looks like the bug might not be with your version, but
it's still something good to check on. It's an easy fix if that is it.

HTH