Try "$PROCESS$ @@:</path/program>" in your set field (without the
double quotes).  Also keep in mind that the forked process will have
the same environment as your arforkd process (env vars, limits, etc.).

Axton Grams

On 3/23/07, Suddhasil sircar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
**

Hi Listers,

I am having problems calling a C API from an Active Link. The main function
of my C program returns an integer value. I am using the printf statement as
stdout. After the program executes, I am trying to gather the output of the
c program and set it to a field ($PROCESS$ @<server name> : <program name
with path>). But every time I am getting this error:

ARERR [39] Filter/escalation 'set field' process timed out before completion
(value not changed)

Set fields active link running a process failed (ARERR 1603)

Did anyone encounter this problem before? The program is running fine from
command prompt.

I am using Remedy version 6.3

Thanks,

Suddha __20060125_______________________This posting was