        -----Original Message-----
        From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rick Cook
        Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 3:54 PM
        To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
        Subject: Re: Upgrading to CMDB 2.0

        **
        As far as I know, CMDB 1.x is tied to ITSM 6, and CMDB 2.x is
tied to ITSM 7.  That's not a hard and fast requirement, as you could
map them the other way, but it would be a quite large and complex task,
because the 2.x CDM is about 40% smaller than the 1.x CDM, and ITSM 6
isn't wired to talk to the correct classes in CMDB 2.x.

        Remedy promised a white paper describing the mappings - about 6
months ago - but I haven't seen it yet, and I really don't expect to.

        Rick