David,

And not to split hairs... but.... Is there any difference between:

"BMC Atrium CMDB Enterprise Manager"
 and
"Atrium CMDB" (that comes with any portion of ITSM) ?

This question was discussed at last years RUG and no real answer was
supplied. (Or I at least did not get the answer.)

I mean if the cost of the "Enterprise Manger" is 1.2M and the cost of
Service Desk is more like.... 120K (Which should be a reasonable set a
user license for the SD application too.) then why would anyone buy
"Enterprise Manger"? Why not just buy Service Desk and not use the
Service Desk application?

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach
Solution = People + Process + Tools
Fast, Accurate, Cheap.... Pick two.

On 6/14/07, Easter, David <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
**

> So the ITSM suite is not inclusive, with just this package?

BMC Atrium CMDB Enterprise Manager does not include ITSM.

However, if you buy an ITSM application like Asset Management it will
include the Atrium CMDB.

-David J. Easter
Sr. Product Manager, Service Management Business Unit
BMC Software, Inc.