I wonder how much this "Defense Contractor " is putting in his (or hers)
pocket. 200k sounds low.

Howard

On 7/18/07, Rick Cook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

** Well, in all fairness, it's about $200k more than most of our guys in
Iraq make, and they're in higher risk areas and professions than a
programmer would be, so...

If it weren't for the fact that I don't have the clearance, I'd consider
it - and not for the money, since I'm already one of those 1099 guys.

Rick

On 7/18/07, William Rentfrow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> $235K for a year in Iraq is not nearly enough money....a
> skilled/certified 1099 can make $200K easily with good connections in a year
> inside the USA.  With the right resume you could make more than that - AND
> have none of the risk.
>
> Although in all fairness I can say I've been to meetings where violence
> was tempting :)

it___

--
Howard Richter