        From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL
PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rick Cook
        Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 7:18 PM
        To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
        Subject: Re: BUW 2007 Track Sessions Announced

        **
        I think that Susan has a point, and to make a more specific
observation, the de-emphasis of the AR System as a development platform, making
BMC's defacto focus on it just being a willing and able container for the
ITSM/CMDB, has led to less custom work going on these days.  This in turn leads
to fewer people able to talk about innovative things they're doing, because
it's increasingly out of the mainstream that it once would have been in the
middle of.  Not to say that there isn't custom work, it's just that privacy
concerns are probably keeping most govt. apps private, and most private
entities are going ITIL/ITSM these days, because that's all that BMC sells to
them.

        Not necessarily blaming BMC for that, just saying that this is a
foreseeable byproduct of their product direction, exacerbated by the fact that
many of us are neck deep in trying to figure out what the **** BMC was thinking
in some of the feature decisions with ITSM.

        Maybe THAT would be a good breakout - Gap analysis between ITSM 7.0.2
delivered functionality and what customers are actually wanting it to do, both
raising awareness for prospective customers and giving some ideas for bridging
those gaps for both future and present deployers of the apps.

        Rick