What OS is the ARS Server running on?

________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Prasan Katti
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2007 2:51 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Authentication problem in Remedy LDAP for passwords with
special characters.

Hello Listers,

We have recently started using the AREA LDAP plugin to authenticate our
remedy users with the LDAP server.
We are cross referencing blank passwords and are having problems
authenticating users whose password contain special characters (#,@,&
etc).
We are able to authenticate these users against the LDAP server using a
different client (like LDAP Browser), so the problem could be with the
Remedy plugin.
The LDAP server is basically the Novell eDirectory used within the
organization.
If anybody here has faced similar problems before or if I am missing
something obvious (server settings?), please let me know.'

The server environment is ARS 6.3 patch 21, Tomcat 2.0.51 running on
Oracle 9i database.

Thanks in advance,
Prasan.