Dylan,
When Patrick says:
        "The problem is the overhead on a companies manpower Really
Stresses it to the Breaking Point.. With little or no Return."

And further:
        "I don't do processes, just because I can and because they are
there...  I do
them because they make sense, Save money, Save time, and Energy..ITIL does
none of those.. so I am against it..."

He is not expressing doubt (skepticism), he is stating what he believes as
fact, without any proof. When Norm backs it up with a statement of "100%
correct", he too, is beyond skepticism and stating, by affirmation of
Patrick's statements, what he also believes to be fact. So I do believe it
is up to those you make such statements:
1. ITIL doesn't save money
2. ITIL doesn't save time
3. ITIL doesn't save energy
4. ITL doesn't make sense

to back them up with some sort of proof and go beyond the buzz words and
clichés. If Norm is willing to demand proof he should also be willing to
offer up that same proof.

And no, I don't believe that what Norm said (as that's whose statements I
addressed my initial post) that "change and cost with no tangible benefit is
not worth the cost." His remarks, and I'm paraphrasing, were pretty much, I
don't believe there is any benefit to ITIL and until someone proves
otherwise I'm not going to be believe it.

What I am looking for, in the end, is a little responsibility. You see, I
believe that the BMC bashing on this list is probably at an all-time high.
(And no, you cannot separate this ITIL argument from BMC as BMC is a huge
proponent of ITIL.) If I were someone who needed to make a determination
about whether or not to buy the Remedy ITSM suite, and I utilized the list
as one of my tools to help make that determination, I would turn and run
based on what I've read here concerning ITIL and BMC Support over the last
few days. If you don't believe that there are companies who utilize this
list for just that reason, you're wrong. I know of more than one company
that has done it.

Scott Parrish
IT Prophets, LLC
(770) 653-5203