Resolved!

Scott's way worked perfectly.  Export from the application, Import into it.
I was able to get a bunch of disparate changes migrated by moving discrete
items from about 8 Deployable Applications that way, and so far, I see no
errors as a result of this process.

Thanks to Scott and L.J., and I heartily endorse this method for others
migrating changes to ITSM 7 or other deployable application settings.

Rick