Its pretty straight forward, just need to make sure you fix your email
configuration to point at your dev mailbox, and fix your people, user
data.

Ben Cantatore
Remedy Administrator
Avon
(914) 935-2946

Rabi Tripathi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
11/12/2007 01:14 PM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Copy ARS Server with ITSM 7 thru database copy?

I am about to create a development environment for our
production ARS setup with ITSM 7.

After the software installs, I am planning to copy the
database from production and dump it on development.
What kind of cleanup do I have to do afterwards...with
server name references?

Our production environment has server group setup, not
in development. I'm hoping when I start development
server, the ranking form will be removed so I won't
have to worry about that. Code, as far as I know, is
not supposed to have hard-coded server name
references. So I'm expecting an easy database copy.

Please tell me if I'm being too naive here. I haven't
done database copy since 6.0.x version.

Thanks.

http://mail.yahoo.com