We do that here all of the time.

On dev we installed all of the apps and then licensed them. Once that
was done, we copied the production database to the dev database and
started up dev.

You need to go in to the cai form to change the pointers from
production to dev, as well as the email form.

But it works great.

Howard

--
Howard Richter