Rabi,

I am sure there is a good white paper about all of the configurations
needed, but here is a quick list off the top of my head for your
configurations and/or stated issues.

1) When making changes to a Server Group, I would not suggest
connecting to the cluster name. I have no confidence that would work
properly with a load balancer set to use sticky sessions. You my end
up (via the luck of the draw) on one of the ARS servers that is not
the "Admin server". I have yet to see in the docs that an "admin
request" made to the "non-admin" ARS server is forwarded on to the
"Admin" ARS server in the group under that condition. ( I think this
is one of those rare times that Admin's need to do things slightly
differently than what most users do.)

2) Yes.. all Servers in the Group (er..application server cluster)
need to have the same Server Alias value. And they need to also know
there own names too. So the IP-Name: values should include all the
host names/IP addresses that are valid for the host. However the
"Server-Name" should be the same string for all of them and it should
match the name of the Server Group. (BTW: The "Server-Name" setting
can be set in the "Server Information" section of the Admin Control
panel (v7+) or via the Admin tool in v6.3.)

3) Consider that if you configure your ARS servers to run on specific
TCP Port that your Load balancer might be a lot easier to configure.
Your web server runs on 80/443. If your ARS server runs on say.. port
3333 then the Load balancer could know which of the 4 hosts (MT1, MT2,
ARS1, ARS2) the request should be forwarded to simply by checking it's
list of existing sticky session and the TCP port that the traffic is
being requested on. (80/443 --> MT1 or MT2, 3333 --> ARS1 ,or ARS2 and
the choice is made by the sticky session if one already exists.) So it
might be possible to have your ARS servers called "Remedy" and your
Mid-tier servers also called "Remedy" in the Load balancer. However,
there might be some advantages to keeping different "cluster names"
for the Web Farm vs the Application Servers too. ( Like "Remedy" for
the Web farm and they always connect to the "ARSServer" application
server cluster.)

HTH.
--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach
Solution = People + Process + Tools
Fast, Accurate, Cheap.... Pick two.

P.S. I did get both copies, but my gmail account did think one of them
was spam. :(