Yes, that was one of the problems with the inbound counts on our system.
Anyway, I created a custom filter that fires when a new record is
submitted to HPD:WorkLog from the Kinetic interface, and pulls the
current count for Inbound from the matching Incident form, increments it
+ 1, and pushes it back.  This actually triggers the OOTB filters that
maintain the Inbound/Outbound count on the Incident form, and has
actually corrected some of the values that were wrong.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/