But the platform is wrong. You're still forcing customers that have a solid
application and set of processes built on the 5.6 apps to change platforms.

TP

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Easter, David
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 7:08 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: HelpDesk Lite (was: Company Dropping Remedy)

**

> Why not develop and support two application lines? ITSM 7.x for the deep
pocket companies that might really need it and can afford it and a

> "Helpdesk Lite" if you will, for the smaller and "mature" companies that
just need a solid app that's fully customizable and affordable?

FYI, this is what the ITSM Express (ITSMe) suite is intended to provide:

http://www.bmc.com/products/documents/32/18/83218/83218.pdf

BMC ITSM Express combines industry-leading products, designed to meet the
needs of the midsized business, into a modular IT service management
solution that provides:

*       Incident and problem management
*       Asset management and discovery
*       Change and configuration management
*       Performance and availability management
*       Web access and identity management

-David J. Easter

Sr. Product Manager, Service Management Business Unit

BMC Software, Inc.

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed in
this E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.  My
voluntary participation in this forum is not intended to convey a role as a
spokesperson, liaison or public relations representative for BMC Software,
Inc.

  _____