> Wasn't Service Desk Express formerly know as [...] Magic?

Yes.  Because the "Express" line now includes other products beyond the
original Magic offering,and to be more indicative of it's
small-to-mid-market target, the name was changed.  For example, the
Configuration Discovery Express product is based on the Enterprise
version of such (which itself used to be known as Marimba).

Some products, like Configuration Discovery Express, do enable a
customer to integrate with CMDB although it is not required.  This can
be used as a stepping stone in a migration to an Enterprise product,
such as the AR System based ITSM suite.

-David J. Easter
Sr. Product Manager, Service Management Business Unit
BMC Software, Inc.

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed
in this E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.
My voluntary participation in this forum is not intended to convey a
role as a spokesperson, liaison or public relations representative for
BMC Software, Inc.