We had to build this exact same thing for a custom application in the past.
We created a form that captured all changes in status by assigned group,
which worked like this:
Time Capture Record is created on first assignment of ticket and logs Group,
Person, Start Date/Time assigned, status, ticket#, etc.
Time Capture Record is updated on assignment change, and logs the End
Date/Time, and creates a new Time Capture Record using the End Date Time of
the previous record as the Start Date/Time.

You get the picture..... then I reported on this form using Crystal Reports
and I translated the Date/Timestamps into DD/HH/MM

What isn't working with yours? I may be able to assist.

Rocky - wrote:

> I agree with you guys but I don't want to mess with that for now :)  Well
> technically we are open 24/7 including holidays so I don't really have to
> worry about that for now and we do have a field on the form where the tech
> can input the time they spent on the ticket.
>
> Thanks,
> Rocky

-----
Lisa D