-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dwayne Martin
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 2:29 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: User can see fields with no permissions

Dear List,

We have a permission group called "IT".  We have a form with some fields
that "IT" used to have permission to, but we have decided to remove those
permissions.  So I went into the Admin Tool and removed "IT" from the
permission list in each field.

But when a test user with only "IT" permissions opens the form he can still
see all the fields.  If he tries to change the data and save the form he
gets, "ARERR [333] You have no access to field : [field name]", but with "no
access" he shouldn't even be able to see the field.

I cleared the cache, and made a cosmetic change, and the cosmetic change
appears on the screen, so it isn't a caching issue.

What is going on?

(ARS 7.1, RH Linux server, Oracle 10.2 db)

Dwayne Martin
James Madison University