From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Sent: Wed Apr 16 02:47:53 2008
Subject: Re: aradmin crashes

**
many thanks to those who didn't answer to my first post.

To those who said all the useless stuff:
1- i don't read anything valuable in your mails
2- your agressivity makes me think maybe it's better i simply leave this forum
and look on some other places for help, when needed
3- i understand you try to promote yourself, but your marketing is amateurism
and as a recruter myself, i would prefer a friendly newbie than a rude
professional
4- trying to give a lesson with such an attitude, you'll never make it
5- the fact i don't care about the problem i had is because i believe it has
nothing to do with the ar tools. i believe it is due to my underlying os which
is not the concern of this forum. so i would prefer not to bother people for
nothing

rm

Shellman, David wrote:

        I agree with Roger.

        I install each version of the user and admin tools in separate
directories.  Taking extreme care with which versions of the admin tool I use.

        No harm using a newer version admin tool to look at an installed
instance.  It's when a modification happens that can cause issues.

        Like other admins on this list I have had to scramble to repair an
issue caused by what was an inadvertent change that I made using a newer admin
tool.  Sometimes simply opening the form with the newer tool will cause changes
that need to be saved.  In my case I said yes to the save even though I had
made no form changes.  Everything seemed ok but suddenly we had issues with the
web display of the form which caused a scramble to repair the damage.

        We can only offer advice often gained by years of experience.  Many on
this list have worked with version 3.x to newer.  Some even go back to 1.x.

        It's completely up to you on what you do with our advice.
        Dave
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        (Wireless)