From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Misi Mladoniczky
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2008 1:39 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Releasing licenses from the users who are inactive in
Remedy System

Hi,

I just wanted to add a couple of points.

1. The test-version of RRR|License is free, and you can get a very
accurate idea of how much you can improve your situation without buying
more licenses.

2. You do not need to upload log files to our web site. There is an
offline version available.

3. You can get more information about how licensing works in the
"Optimizing Licenses" document at http://rrr.se/doc/

        Best Regards - Misi, RRR AB, http://www.rrr.se

Products from RRR Scandinavia:
* RRR|Log - Performance issues or elusive bugs? Analyze your Remedy
logs.
* RRR|Translator - Manage and automate your language translations.
Find these products, and many free tools and utilities, at
http://rrr.se.

> Hello Jegan,
> Assuming you have a mix of fixed and floating licenses, and you need
> optimize the allocation of these licenses among your users, I would
> recommend a product such as "RRR|License" (see
> http://www.rrr.se/en/products/rrrlic.html).  To use the tool, you
simply
> need to turn on user logging in your AR Server, then periodically
upload a
> copy of the user.log to the RRR site, along with an export of your
User
> form in .arx format.  The RRR|License tool will then identify which
users
> should be switched from a fixed to a floating license, and vice versa.
It
> can also create an import file that will automatically make the
changes if
> desired.
>
> The analysis determines what your peak hours are, and calculates how
> frequently users are logged in during peak hours.  According to the
> documentation, fixed licenses should be reserved for those users who
are
> logged in more than 40% of the time during the usual peak hours of the
> day.
>
> The tool will also make other recommendations such as
> increasing/decreasing your total number of fixed/floating licenses,
and it
> will show you the theoretical cost savings of these scenarios.
>
> --Thomas

Remedy
> System
>

>   **
>   We have more inactive people in Remedy system but with licenses
> allocated to them (Fixed). In the process of optimizing the allocation
> of licenses, is there any work around available in Remedy to free up
> those licenses automatically? Have gone through few documents but
> couldn't trace it out.
>
>   Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
>

>   Jegan
>

>   __Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers
Are"

_______