________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kevin Pulsen
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2008 9:25 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: ITSM 7, CMDB CI and Product Definitions

**
Hello everyone,

This question is for ITSM 7 (Service Desk with Change Management, ootb)

If you open the Application Administration Console. Select Standard
configuration, Product Category, Create a new product category, you are
prompted to select a CI type for the product categorization you are
defining.

I see CI entry's related to Computer hardware, software, logical entity,
etc... there is nothing for any other related business product -
(Telephone - LAN or Cell, Blackberry, Furniture, Office equipment, etc)

How are you suppose to define the other business products with the ootb
CI's?

Do you create your own CI's?

If anyone has setup product categories with the ootb CI's, where are you
placing these items?

Is there a best practices for this?

Thanks,

Kevin P.